General Admission Requirements
General Admission Requirements and Procedures
All applicants must meet the general admission requirements as indicated below:
- Valid ID or Driver’s License
- Interview with an admission representative
- Provide Proof of Graduation (POG) from high school or its equivalent
- Provide proof of age (applicant must be seventeen or older at the start of the first class)
- Demonstrate an ability to meet applicable program-specific requirements
- Complete the application for the appropriate program
Acceptable Proof Of Graduation
The applicant is responsible for providing verifiable proof of graduation from high school, or proof of having satisfied the requirements for high school in a manner recognized by the United States Department of Education.
Acceptable Proof of Graduation (POG):
- High school diploma or transcript
- G.E.D certification with test scores
- Academic transcript that indicates the student successfully completed at least a two-year program that is acceptable for full credit toward a bachelor’s degree at any institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
- Foreign high school diploma equivalent to a United States high school diploma
If an applicant previously entered a program in a degree-granting institution for which a high school diploma was required, the College may accept an evaluation from a NACES or AICE approved credentialing agency certifying that a high school diploma was a requirement for the higher degree program.
Care Hope College reserves the right to deny enrollment, if the College deems that an applicant’s proof of graduation cannot be authenticated or verified.
Foreign Educated Applicants & Degree Verification
Applicants claiming degrees from outside of the United States must have their transcripts translated and evaluated by an NACES or AICE approved credentialing agency.
English Proficiency Requirements
Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency for acceptance into any college program. Applicants can demonstrate proficiency through one of the following:
|MINIMUM SCORE REQUIRED
|500 or higher
|173 or higher
|TOEFL, Internet-Based Test (IBT)
|61 or higher
|IELTS, International English Language Testing System
|6 or higher
|VEPT, Versant English Placement Test
|55 or higher
Applicants who do not demonstrate minimum English proficiency requirements must successfully complete an English remedial course. Upon successful completion of English remedial course, applicants must meet admission requirements for the College and the selected program.
Applicants who have completed at least 15 semester credits or equivalent from an accredited institution of higher education recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and have achieved a minimum grade of “C” or a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale, shall be exempt from taking an English proficiency assessment. Six of the 15 credits must be in English and Communications courses at the 100/1000 or higher level.
Applicants who hold a current Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nursing license issued by the State of Florida or a member of the Enhanced Compact licensure agreement are exempt from English proficiency requirement
How to Apply
Applicants to any Care Hope College program are required to submit an information request form prior to being interviewed by an admissions representative. Applicants may visit campus to receive the form or fill it out below. Applicants are encouraged to visit the campus to learn about our academic programs, campus life, admission, and financial obligations.
Please fill out this request form or set up an interview to connect with our Admissions Team directly.